We are ready to drive you into the future of global business
Starting as American Bangladesh Economic Forum (ABEF) since 1988, it took eight years more to formally establish The American Chamber of Commerce in Bangladesh (AmCham) in 1996 to promote the economic relationships between Bangladesh and the United States of America.
AmCham, Bangladesh is an accredited member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce – the largest business federation in the United States, representing the interests of over 3 million U.S. companies which act as AmCham’s voice in Washington D.C. on trade & investment related policies. We are also a member of the AmChams of Asia Pacific (AAP), an umbrella organization representing 29 American Chambers of Commerce throughout the Asia-Pacific region, with access to all their services and privileges. We take pride in providing a common platform for all our members and stakeholders a networking environment that attract people from a rich variety of national and business backgrounds. Interaction here is ever interesting and our events focus on local, regional or global issues with expert speakers, panels and conferences to keep you and your business on top of best practices and emerging trends. We promote American business in Bangladesh, bringing together US companies as well as local counterparts doing business with the US.
We are a non-profit membership association promoting activities that would encourage and stimulate investment by US companies, encouraging bilateral trade between the US and Bangladesh and supporting the ongoing business operations of its members. The membership of the AmCham includes US Companies doing business in Bangladesh, Bangladesh Companies whose primary business is representing US produced goods and services; and non-profit organizations of United States origin.
● To promote economic cooperation between the United States of America and the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, particularly in the private sector.
● To promote exchange of information between the US and Bangladesh with a view to stimulating greater understanding about each other’s economic potentials and opportunities.
● To promote and support measures calculated to benefit and protect the interests of the members.
● To present the views of the AmCham members to the Government of Bangladesh.
● To work through the AmChams of Asia Pacific (AAP) and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, in order to present the views of US business community in Bangladesh to the United States Government.
● Establish contact between the American business community and the established business and government organizations of Bangladesh.
● Undertake research on vital issues of economic interest with a view to identify the problems, opportunities and recommend action and policies to overcome the snags on the way to progress.
● Periodic Breakfast/Luncheon/Dinner meetings for members to hear prominent local or visiting speakers, high government officials, ministers etc. and discuss issues of commerce, investment and economics.
● Organize US Trade Show in Bangladesh on annual basis with the cooperation of the United States Embassy.
● Participation in key events and services of the AmChams of Asia Pacific (AAP) and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
● Support US investment and work as contact point for US business in Bangladesh.
● Sponsor seminars on vital issues of finance, trade and commerce.
● Publish periodic news bulletins & other publications.
Welcome to the American Chamber of Commerce in Bangladesh!
We are here to provide insight into our services, activities, advocacy, diverse membership and basic information about the business landscape of Bangladesh. Our mission is to serve as a center for networking, information, and advocacy for all our members. Being the pioneer in Bangladesh, we have always played a constructive role in helping this developing country build on its unique status and regional or global importance.
We believe Bangladesh and AmCham members perform best in a transparent and competitive environment – where good governance leads to good business. AmCham, since establishment in Bangladesh, continues to address these important issues. We adhere to the values of private enterprise, free trade, rule of law, ethical and responsible business practices, transparency, and the free flow of information. We have proudly introduced a number of practices here in Bangladesh, the country was not familiar with, however proven to beneficial elsewhere promoting US investment, trade and fair corporate ethics.
As the president, I would like to make sure AmCham remains the leading foreign business association in Bangladesh and strive to deliver more value to members and to have a stronger voice in the public debate. If you are yet to become a member or joined already, I urge you to actively consider and participate, make your voice heard and let AmCham work for you. You can get the most out of your membership by becoming involved in the organization and using our services. To learn more about us, join AmCham, Bangladesh and be a proud member of country chapter of the global network of pristine chambers!
Headway for a new avenue of cooperation!